Monday 20 January 2014

Things happen for a reason.

I recently watched a film I haven't watched since last year and there was one quote that stuck with me since Revelations 3 verse 7 "What HE opens no one can close and what HE closes no one can open". This got me thinking about things that have gone on in my past that either wont be given as an opportunity again or things that I wouldn't want again.

This got me thinking about what happens and if there was a reason behind it. Most of the time people say things happen for a reason but sometimes you don't know why it happened, so I got thinking about what had happened in my life and if there was a reason behind it.

On one occasion I was travelling on a train for my mates stag do and ended up talking to the bloke opposite me who happens to work for Sports Coach UK. Talk about lucky hey!!!! But what was the reason behind it???

I also found recently that saying no ends something that you had and makes things work, however in some cases it doesn't make things better. Recently I said no to something I was doing and a few weeks later got a new job, improved friendships, coaching opportunities all because I wanted to stop doing one thing and I got 3 things in return. One story I find was that I said no to playing county level sports when I was at university but what would of happened if I had said yes where would I be now???? But everything happens for a reason.

So sometimes it is hard to see why everything happens for a reason, look in the bible at David he had no idea what was going to happen in the lion pit but he had faith he knew that things happened for a reason. Look in the bible when Jesus died some people wouldn't of known why he'd died. People didn't know why Judas betrayed Jesus but everything happens for a reason. But it does say in the good book that: trust in the lord with all your heart and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths. Prov 3:5-6

Back in September I had the chance to go to an academy and the day before we were due to start I had to say know. The reason that came out a month was a good enough reason to back out but at the time it just felt like I was lost but had faith because I knew everything happens for a reason.

So just remember when life gets tough and you feel a lone or feel like your being buried in the sand there will be a reason for it. Sometimes people just want to see how far they can push you before you say no or they want to see how strong you are. 

“Therefore I tell you, do not be anxious about your life, what you will eat or what you will drink, nor about your body, what you will put on. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothing? Matthew 6:25

No comments:

Post a Comment