Monday 20 May 2013

Decisions....

Have you ever had that moment in your life when you don't know which way to go, you feel like your at cross roads, or just feel like your in the middle of nowhere with no one around you.

I found recently that all these decisions can come up all at once. Since I've been university the first 2 and a bit years have flown by. Its now got to the stage where I've got to think about where I want to live, the type of job I want, which county or even country I want to live in. These decisions have been bothering me for a while now and its amazing how much thinking time you get when you've got nothing to do.

Everyday we're presented with problems and our choices and decisions impact what we do and how we do it. I attended a meeting the other day where I took the decision to pray for a friend of mine. God compelled me to pray for him. I prayed a prayer that I have never prayed before. After praying this he looked in to my eyes and God gave him the knowledge that he needed to know about me and through him God answered a prayer and thankfully it had a good answer. He took the decision to tell me the answer God gave him. A quote that I was also heard that night was "show me your friends and I'll show you your future". Never before has this quote been so easily brushed a side but is so easy to see from the outside.

We have decisions round us everyday, some hard some not. For me I was job searching the other day and found a job that would be perfect however it took me a while to figure out if I should go for it. but one thought came to me. "If I get it and something better comes a long then I can always leave".

I had a hard decision to make recently. My dad as taken in to hospital and the first diagnose wasn't brilliant. my decision was either to return home and not do a specific coaching course, or return home. But the thing is when we get decisions like this we often decide without thinking about it. If I had of returned home what could I of done. He was in hospital with doctors and nurses caring for him. the decision I took.... was to stay were I was.

Another decision I had to make during the winter was weather I wanted to take the captaincy for this coming season. the decision was playing this season as captain or play this season and get back to the standard I was at before my long term injury took too much toll on me. After taking it I can already see it having a good effect on me and improving me and others with Gods help.

Some of our decisions can come back to haunt us. As we look in the bible one story crops up with decisions and its the story of the talents. the basics of the story is that two people go away and double when their master gave them and the third person keeps what the master gave him and did nothing with it. When the master came back he was happy with the first two but not with the second. this decision came back to haunt him.

However the main this is being able to live with the decisions that we make and maybe accepting sometimes that we were wrong or that are more then one way to do something. I think the most declined decision that most people make in this world is not seeking help when its readily available.

No comments:

Post a Comment