Thursday 8 August 2013

Worry and Prayer

Two very interesting words: Prayer, Worry. But everyone at some point does worry and everyone does pray.

Over the past month I've had a lot of worry come in to my life and without prayer I don't know where I'd be.

Over the past month I've been worried about my future, my job, cricket, friends and family.

The future always worries everyone. With my I've graduated and thought I'd get on to do a PGCE and after two months of worrying I got my reply back from that. It was a no. I've been offered the chance to go back to Preston and study again but with no student finance All I can worry about is where I'm going to live or how I'll get enough money together etc. Scary times for a young person.

The next worrying part was my job. Having a lot of hours and then most of my hours going to other people and knowing that you haven't got as much money coming in as you thought, it doesn't half change your outlook on life. Its hard as well knowing that you want a second job but not being able to get one because there are no jobs out there plus you don't know where your going to be living in a months time so you cant plan for the future.

On a sad note, sometimes we pray and worry about things happening in our lives at the moment that's out of our control. My friend recently became very ill and it was out of my hands. The power of prayer always helps even if it seems to be doing nothing. Unfortunately she passed on recently but the power of prayer helped her to get well enough to go back home and be with her family when she was called heavenwards. A true blessing to her and her family.

One thing that I've always prayed for is certainly sporting events to happen to me and having a vision of what you want to do always helps. My vision was to hit 50 and set a new family record with the bat which I completed recently but I'd been praying for that for ages before it happened just proving that regardless of my timing and what I wanted and when i wanted it. God will surface when he says it time to do it.

But in all of this God was present all the way through it, though the hardship and through the good times but I wouldn't of got there with out a few verses and one song.

The song I'd recommend listening to and just think about the lyrics being said is: Where were you (when the world stopped turning) By Alan Jackson. Funny enough I didn't know that part of the chorus was taken from the bible until the other day.

The verses that have stuck with me are:
Matthew 6:25-27
Luke 12:25

Well worth checking out and thinking about and praying about.

No comments:

Post a Comment