Thursday 6 September 2012

Dreams and Bucket Lists

I was going to try and limit my blog writing to once a week but since I've got time on my hands I thought I'd write the 2nd one this week.

I was talking to some friends of mine about their bucket lists as well as mine. I decided that after the fantastic year I had at Longton that I should write one myself. I could only think of 7 points to put on it but then I took a step back and looked at life and thought some things on my bucket list are life changing events, some that I wont complete this year, others that will come and go.

I decided to share my short list of things to do with readers of my blog.

Go to 5 football matches
Get a 2:1 at university
Try and get involved more in the youth work at church
Get a local work placement
Do at least 6 inside out projects
Visit the National Rail Museum.

Now I know its not the most exciting list of all but to me tee things are really important to me as a Christian and as a friend. the one I haven't put in that list up there is the final point for this year but it also happens to be a point that's on every bucket list I make from now on and that I can to be more faithful to God. Now a lot of non believers that read this will just say pray more or go to church more but staying faithful to God is so much harder then that. its following in his foot steps everyday, listening to his work, being the best I can be for him and showing everyone what the true meaning of Christianity is.

How ever there is also 1 massive dream that I have, like everyone else I too that have desire to complete an achievement in my life that I want to do. now its an achievement I cant do at the moment things like the cost, the timing, and logistics of it don't fit but I'm hoping that in two years time after I've completed university that I will be able to go to Australia to coach and play cricket for 6 months. not only will this help my complete my ultimate dream but it'll help develop my career and boast all my skills at the moment. although while I write this one thought has occurred to me, at some point in the future i want to do a summer soccer with Longton in Seattle .

So why not take 5 minutes and write a bucket list for yourself for this year my list at the moment isn't that long, but over the coming weeks and months I know that my list will grow and things will start to be crossed off on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment