Tuesday 4 September 2012

Who would of thought........

Who would of thought that 3 years ago I'd be going in to my third year at university, got a foundation degree, and living with one of my best mates. If someone had offered me that 3 years ago I certainly would of taken it. So far it has been the best 2 and a half years of my life, not only have I made some amazing and caring friends but it feels like I'm grown up...... slowly but surely I've grown up (although some of you would this different).

The past year feels like the most important of my life, going in to my second year at university, joining Longton Community Church, getting baptised, celebrating my 21st, being elected a vice captain, getting injured, having my first ever operation, graduation and finally getting the outstanding student award from my course. But my year has had more then just those major points in it and it would of happened if I hadn't been rejected from Nottingham Trent University.

I was 18 and got rejected from Nottingham Trent so I decided to take a year out and didn't do anything special with it, I just worked, and then by some luck my mum found an article in the paper in the worlds greatest newspaper ever........... The Sun. It was a course coaching cricket which was right up my street and with only two universities doing the course there was a slim chance of getting on but if you believe then good things will happen so I applied.

Funny enough just before the interview in a freak accident I received a cricket ball to the eye and turned up for my interview a few days later (after a trip to A and E to get stitched up) to have this interview. Half way through the interview the interviewer finally asked the question I was expecting, "how did you get a black eye, was it fighting" and after telling her it was from sport everyone was relieved.

So from that very day I was offered the place on the course which I took and after some more ups and downs regarding the course I finally ended up on sports coaching and thus tried never to look back and in a weeks time I will become a third year :)

No comments:

Post a Comment